- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 32 slices of turkey pepperoni
- 2 oz. light mozzarella ( I use Trader Joe’s lite mozzarella)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning ( I use Dak’s Italian Blast)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups marinara sauce ( I use my zero point marinara)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a knife, cut 4-5 horizontal slices (halfway down) along the middle of each chicken breast.
- Press 2 slices of turkey pepperoni into each cut of chicken breast (8 slices of turkey pepperoni per breast) and stuff mozzarella evenly into each cut & repeat with each chicken breast. (using 1/2 oz. mozzarella per chicken breast)
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk large egg with 2 tsp water until well combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each chicken breast with egg wash. ( this will help brown the tops of chicken.
- Place baking dish in oven.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce on top or on the side. Click here for zero point marinara recipe.
Servings: Makes 4 chicken breasts/ 1 Freestyle SmartPoints® per chicken breast
Point values can vary based on the brand of ingredients used. Please be sure to check the ww app recipe creator for point accuracy.